ACCOMMODATING THE MELANGE is one of the activities within the Pune Biennale and is a national competition that looks at alternative ways and interpretations of heritage and architecture.
The inaugural Pune Biennale was celebrated in January 2013 around the theme of “Celebrating hills” which succeeded in bringing over a Hundred thousand citizens to exhibitions and activities that were held over ten days at eight different venues across Pune (for more visit http://www.punebiennale.org. The Pune Biennale is a joint venture between Pune Municipal Corporation and Bharati Vidyapeeth and in structure is a grass-roots movement that aims at promoting and showcasing creative talent from various visual media of expression including visual arts, architecture, and photography.
Riding on the success of the 1st edition, the 2nd edition of Pune Biennale is ready and themed on “Heritage - Yours and Mine”.
ACCOMMODATING THE MELANGE - WINNERS SHORTLIST
1. Vivekarasan Mutharasan, Monica S
2. Mihir Desai, Lekha Samant
3. Jobin T Jose
4. Waseem Akram, Mohd Aman, Needa Afreen
5. Eingeel Jafar Khan, Ankit Sati, Syed Zeeshan Husain
1. Surenthar Raman, MERICIA.K.A
2. Ruchira Das, Soumya Roy Chowdhury, Sourav Chatterjee
3. Sourav Banerjea, Anuj Kale
4. Srutee Bhut
5. Debashis Dey, Subhasish Dey
The best three entries will be announced at the Pune Biennale